Bridges & ImplantsBy surgically inserting one or more little metal posts beneath the gum into the jawbone, a dental implant is created.
Set bridges cover gaps. The bridge is supported by teeth or implants on one or both sides of that. Implants or the supporting teeth are from time to time called abutments. In this procedure, each abutment is ready to receive complete crowns or caps. When finished, the bridge is cemented into position over the supporting abutments.
Dental ImplantsA dental implant is made from titanium. It bonds to the jaw, much like the root of a natural tooth and permanently replaces a lost tooth. Dental implants are suitable to anyone in good general health. They are put in place during a simple, short surgical procedure done under implant dentists.
Our Hamilton dental office realizes the value that dental implants present for patients. Our implant dentists able to provide you with the affordable dental implants and implant dentistry solutions.
ADVANTAGES OF DENTAL IMPLANTS?
- Dental implants support replacement teeth similarly to the way a tooth root supports natural teeth.
- Dental implants can be used to replace a single lost tooth or many missing teeth.
- They provide an alternative to ill-fitting dentures which wobble, click, slip and slide around the mouth.
- Dental implants can restore your chewing efficiency so you can eat most foods with confidence and without pain.
- Dental Implants can prevent embarrassment about missing teeth, spaces, and ill-fitting dentures.
- You’ll be able to speak with confidence and enjoy your favorite foods.
- Implants are not subject to cavities or temperature sensitivity.
- Implants eliminate the need to compromise the adjacent teeth, in comparison to a conventional bridge which requires the slight removal of tooth structure.
DISADVANTAGES OF DENTAL IMPLANTS?
- The length of time the entire procedure takes, especially if you want immediate results.
- There is a rare chance that an implant can become loose and require replacement. Every person is unique and implant success cannot be guaranteed.
If you are missing a tooth — or multiple teeth — the team at Fennell Gage Dental Centre is proud to offer dental implants in Hamilton as a permanent solution. Contact Fennell Gage Dental Centre today to learn more about our Hamilton dental implants.